Saturday 21 September 2013

Taking a Break

I'm sat here writing this feeling nice and full from todays skipload. I literally threw the food down me this week - must of been really depleted, and now I'm going to train hard and eat clean for the next 6 days knowing that I have really elevated my metabolism.

Next week is an interesting one for me as I'm away with the family Monday through to Saturday night. With some friends we are taking the kids up to Butlins in Skegness. We did the same trip the exact same week last year and it was really successful in that despite it being wet, windy and cold the kids were pretty much occupied from the moment they woke up to the moment they went to bed, and any parents know that this makes life a hell of lot easier!

Last year I lived on pizza and cider, but as I was recovering from my DVT my body literally just seemed to funnel any calorie surplus into undoing the damage the clots had done. This year is different and I am a man with a clear objective and a set plan on how I am going to achieve that objective so it wont be all you can eat Papa Johns pizza, fish and chips with mushy peas or burger kings for me. As we have an apartment with an oven, hob and microwave I'll be able to take my own food to ensure I can hit all my macro's. I've even rang round a few local gyms and spoken to a few guys on some of the UK forums to find a local gym that I can train at a couple of times on a pay as you go basis. I'll be hitting up shoulders and legs at Skegness's very own "New Era Gym" which is run by a bodybuilder and seems to have all the equipment I need. I wont be hitting any cardio at the gym as we'll be walking around every day and swimming with the kids as opposed to sitting at my desk or driving to meetings etc so the cardio stuff should more or less balance itself out.

Therefore for all intents and purposes it is business as usual next week, even though I am on holiday! Now I cant eat quite like I do at home as we will be out and about all day and meals have to be convenient, but I've stocked up on some stuff to make keeping on diet as easy possible. 

With me I'll be taking:

  • 1000g cooked, diced and marinaded chicken breast
  • 500g Beef Frying Steaks
  • 3l liquid egg whites
  • A box of protein cookies
  • 7 microwave protein meals (these are like ready meals for bodybuilders/athletes - just microwave and voilla 50g protein, 30g carbs)
  • 1kg jumbo raw oats
  • 250g natural organic yoghurt
  • Bag of protein powder
  • Carb powder (for pwo shakes)
  • BCAA powder
  • MP Pulse V4 x 2 servings
  • Bag of greens powder
  • 150g peanut butter
  • 150g almond butter
  • some avacados
  • omega oils
  • multi vits
  • 3 bags of uncle bens microwave wholegrain rice with vegetables
  • A bag for my skipload next Saturday
Alot of people are probably reading the above and thinking I'm crazy and why the hell don't I just enjoy it, but needs must and I go with the philosophy of "if you want something bad enough you just do what you gotta do". We had a family holiday abroad earlier in the year and thats when I ate and drank what I wanted when I wanted, and in fairness at weekends throughout the summer that same principle has applied. Now is the time to knuckle down and getting lean is only going to happen with a solid diet and workout plan. I want to get to the end of this in 22 weeks and know beyond doubt that I did EVERYTHING I could to get into the best condition I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment